[July 31, 2020] — Hurricane Isaias has formed in the Atlantic, and Brunswick County is currently within the cone of uncertainty. There is still a significant amount of uncertainty regarding the system’s future track and intensity.
Residents are advised to remain calm but begin preparations. While we hope that evacuations will not be required, if possible your preparations should include identifying an out-of-county location to which you could evacuate.
Please utilize official sources for information about Isaias and the County’s preparations, and please be careful not to spread the misinformation and baseless speculation that always appears on Facebook and Nextdoor.
- Latest advisory from the National Hurricane Center
- Latest briefing from NWS Wilmington
- Meteorologist Brad Panovich (he posts extremely insightful video updates) – Facebook – Twitter
Social Media Resources
- Brunswick County Emergency Services – Facebook
- Brunswick County Emergency Services – Twitter
- Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office – Facebook
- Brunswick County Government – Facebook
- Brunswick County Government – Twitter
- Brunswick County Public Information – NextDoor
- N.C. Emergency Management – Facebook
- N.C. Emergency Management – Twitter
- Emergency Management Twitter List (hosted by Commissioner Frank Williams)
- Hurricanes Twitter List (hosted by Commissioner Frank Williams)
Resources & Information: